Skip to main content

Newest

Goodbye 2020, and Hello 2021!

This has been, frankly, a disastrous year. A year none of us expected, a year that decimated our many plans, a year that kept surprising us till the very end; it has been a year of disasters. It is only fitting that I write a farewell to it on the very last day; no use tempting fate and getting 2020 to rear its head with another disaster.

Still, it was a changing point, and a reminder of hobbies lost. Many, like me, rediscovered their love of reading.

Not to say that I had stopped reading, but more that I only read when I got hold of my kindle, or when I watched an adaptation on Netflix (yes, I started with TATLB), or maybe when I found a post on Pinterest having a quote from a book which I thought was from Magnus Chase, but was actually from Loki: Where Mischief Lies (which was the one of the first books I read this year, but unfortunately didn't review).

I found a great friend on Pinterest, who introduced me to the world of GoodReads, and I started reading with a passion. Though this passion has impacted my student life greatly, I am hoping to bring it under control from the start of this new year.

So, I have decided on a few resolutions for this new year:

  • Read not more than 10 books every month (I need to study more this year)
  • Set reading goal to 100, and average on 10 books a month...which means to read less in exam months.

  • Reread books that I wish I'd written reviews for, and then write the reviews. (I'll do a post for this one)

  • Finish off a few series (I'll do a post for this one too)

  • Read more ARCs (I just got a Netgalley account, but still!)(I'll do a post for ARC reviews too!)

  • Finish off my TBR (at least 50 of the 161(currently) books on my Want To Read)
  • Do weekly posts on this blog, and a monthly wrap-up and TBR in the last week of the month. Also, I'll be posting reviews in a weekly manner, so posts should be bi-weekly, with a few exceptions for exam days and the likes now and then.

That's all at present, but I might update with more! I really hope this year will be better than the last, and that we'll slowly get back to how it was before! I also hope this will be a nice year for reading this year, and that I study enough to get good marks and be able to read more in the future.

This is my first time writing like this, but what all are you hoping for 2021? And is there anything you miss about 2020?

Comments

Popular